Sunday, July 26, 2009

Saying "Farewell"

I really don't like saying goodbye to people. I've found that it isn't that difficult for me to say bye though. I want to go, and I'm ready to go (or at least my mind is--most of the time), but it is hard to watch the people I love react when we have to hug for the last time, for a long time. Some I know I'll probably never see in person again (especially some college friends). Other friends have shed tears. All have whispered encouraging words in my ears, and for that I'm grateful!

Side story: I was thinking last night about how I used to cry when I said "bye" to someone. It was only in instances when I never thought I'd see that person ever again. I've now come to realize that I will. It is easy to travel. Even to places far, far away.

I don't cry when I say goodbye, but it hurts a lot. I'm sure I'll cry at the airport. I have every summer that I've left home. I'll miss friends and family, places, and foods. I'm sure the water works will open up with ease during the traveling hours/ days (ugh!) and throughout my time across the bigger pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment