Saturday, July 25, 2009

Savoring Moments

So, I really don't like people to read my writing. At all. I figured that I should start one of these though, just so people can keep up with me.

Tonight my parents hosted a little get together for me. It was really well put together. Mom worked hard all day preparing...making sure the porch, that nobody went out on (because, let's face it--it's summer in So. Fla...seriously!), buying cakes, fruit dishes, sweeping the floors, buying a new coffee pot (because Jared broke it last week while putting away clean dishes), making coffee, making punch, making dinner, etc.

I had a moment tonight where I sat back and thought about the people that showed up. The people that showed up were either family members, close family friends, or middle school and high school Sunday school teachers, kids church leaders, babysitters, mentors, or my adopted grandparents--people that have meant so much to me. I was touched by their meaningful and heart-felt words that they spoke to me. I know that I am not alone. They all have let me know that they are committed to praying for me, and I know that they will. After all, our fight is not against flesh, but against the powers and forces of this dark world.

I am certain that the spiritual warfare that I will encounter is going to be significantly greater when I'm more isolated and on my own. Sure, I'll be surrounded by believers. Everyday I will probably cross paths with several thousand people. I'm moving to a city where the population is larger than L.A., and only a little bit smaller than NYC. It's swarming with people! I'm sure I'll be downcast, lonely, and be constantly attacked by the one who comes to steal, kill and destroy. Thankfully, I have a Father that loves me--unconditionally, and who offers life, and life abundantly.

Thank you to all that came tonight. Thank you for your love, support and prayers. Thank you Mom, Dad, Jamie and Jared for being right by my side, and for supporting me.

1 comment:

  1. You are welcome!! The evening was perfect. It was intimate and special. An event that will be remembered and cherished for a lifetime. You are so special! Love you lots!!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete