Monday, February 1, 2010

Hotel Wowza!

I know I'm real late. I should have seen this movie eeons ago. Hotel Rawanda anyone?

Got me thinking...

Are we ever stable? Can the U.S. government protect me? When is it right and not right to fight for justice? I thought I was taught to always stand up for what is right and true. Would I stand in front of enemy lines for someone I don't know? The U.S. sure hasn't. Sometimes I feel like a puppet. Midea covers what it wants to. Other than that, we're left in the dark about what is going on around the world. That is our source of information. Yes, it has improved dramatically since 1994, but...still! The government decides which battles we fight. Are we truly free, America? I think not! Not because the goverment does not tell us things. It is for our protection (thank you). I think we're in bondage and feel like puppets because we are told what to think in schools (among many other things). We're living in a Babylon: tons of information being thrown at us daily; falling into 'I am and there is no other' mentality; being succumbed to the life style of health, wealth and prosperity. Are we forgetting something? There are people around the world that are huddled together for warmth. There are people who didn't eat today. Many are hiding out in the bush. It makes me shaky. I get this way when things really affect my heart. It doesn't happen often, but when it does I can't shake it (literally). Among physical needs, there are those that are more important. The enemy has come to steal, kill and destroy. Are we letting him get away with it? Or are we going to take a stand and DO something? Why do we have to wait until a tradgedy?

Okay...getting off my soapbox. Thanks for sticking with me. If you haven't seen the movie, you should probably pick it up. It will make you think hard about your life. We need that!

No comments:

Post a Comment