Sunday, August 23, 2009

Everyone Needs Compassion

About a week ago, I was sitting in my window seat reading the Word. I was a little distracted by what was going on in the parking lot below me. There were people walking, cars driving past and workers going about their task. I observed one lady dressed in green doing yard work. Here, they all wear a light green uniform if they are working in the yard. This particular woman was climbing up and down a laddar, trimming vines on the side that did not really seem to matter. That side faced an open field, and the vines were not bothering anyone! She seemed hot. Her pants were rolled up, she was wearing a hat and she repetitively wiped her brow. I just sat there thinking, "I should go and buy a water downstaris and take it to her." I even consulted my Maker, and asked if I should. I felt the nudge. I was too selfish though. Worried. I'm not sure what I was worried about. It still is weighing on my heart. I know that there is grace. I know that I am full of many faults. I think it will serve as a great reminder during the rest of my time here. I can't waste a moment. I can't waste an opportunity. When I feel the nudge, I need to act. How many times have I let opportunities go by. I, by myself, am a shy person. BUT, I am not my own! May I decrease, so that He may increase more and more.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica,
    You brought tears to my eyes with your compassionate attitude. You are your Fathers daughter indeed! Granddaddy & I miss you so much, but know that you are doing what you were led to do.
    Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete