Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Transportation




Getting from one place to another takes a long time here. Your options are either to get a taxi (which starts off at 8 kuai...about a dollar and some change), take a public bus (which stops frequently), or ride your bike. Unless it's far, far away, I prefer to ride my bike.

Currently it is the rainy season here in Kunming, so my investment in the XXXL poncho has proved to be worthwhile! I have learned my lesson though, and that is to travel light. I like to pack everything I can in my backpack, but on long bike rides, it hurts your back. The basket on the front of the bike can't hold that much weight either.

I think the funniest thing about bike riding is when people that are riding on their bike decide to keep up with my pace, just to ride next to me. It's kind of awkward, but I think it's hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment