Friday, January 29, 2010

Did you get your cookies?



So...funny story! I was at work yesterday and Martha came in the room with a sticky note that was handed to her by another teacher. It said, "Miss Shoe, Have a great Friday! Love, Grace" I was like..."sweet!" Martha then informed me that she thought there were cookies somewhere to accompany the note.

An hour and a half later, I went down to the office to put my copies in for the following week. Some of the admin. and office staff were standing around talking. The director said to me, "Jessica, did you get your cookies?" I promptly smiled/ half laughed and said, "NO...I keep on hearing about these mystery cookies...but I've yet to see them."

I wasn't sure what the story was...and I didn't ask Grace about it. I don't really need to be eating a ton of cookies, and it was the thought that counted.

I went to a wedding feast after work and Grace's mother came up to me. "I'm so sorry about the cookies. Grace came home today with the bag, and there was only one cookie left. I asked her if she gave the cookies to you and she said, 'Oops! I forgot!' I'm so sorry, I'll make you another batch." I laughed and told her it was fine...I thought it was hilarious.

At the wedding feast, Grace was running around...getting chocolate cakes for everyone, so I stopped her and asked her about the cookies. Haha. She told me that She forgot and that she accidently ate one. I told her what her mom had told me...about coming home with one cookie left. Then I asked her how many were in the bag...and she thought for awhile...and said, "Um....2!" haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment