Sunday, January 10, 2010

Country Music in China?

I tutor this little girl Mary. She's Chinese. Today she was in a competition... an English one. I went this morning before fellowship to support her. She did wonderful!

I took a cab to the Educational center in Kunming though, because I had no clue where it was. Once I got in the cab, I called a Chinese friend and she told the cab driver where to go. About 20 minutes into the ride, the music all of the sudden changes to Enlish (believe it or not, it took me awhile to realize it), and lo and behold...IT'S COUNTRY! What in the world?! Why is a Chinese pop radio station playing American country music? Wei shen me? (WHY?)

I thought you readers would enjoy that bit of my day. :-D

Thanks everyone for reading and keeping up, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment