Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I can almost smell it!

I miss home. As going about my day today, home was on my mind. As I folded laundry on my bed, I wanted mom to talk to and I wanted to be folding with her. As I thought about what to do about dinner (and having really no possible options), I missed mom's home cooked meals. I miss having noise in the house. I miss calling mom, dad or Jamie and talking about stuff randomly. I miss driving. I miss the grocery store (I saw it on Gilmore Girls last night and got really excited). I miss the ease of everything. I miss the beach (looks like I won't be going swimming, or maybe not even touching the sand--you have no idea how much that depresses me!). I miss Panera Bread (I think I've mentioned that a few times before)...I miss cleaning (we have a house helper that comes three times a week--what?!...I know, I know...but I really miss cleaning). I miss laying on the couch with family all in one room. I miss drinking daddy's sweet tea after he just sat down on the couch after a long day...haha. Love you dad! I miss pestering Jamie...trying to snuggle in bed with her and her finally getting so upset that she yells...haha. I miss Jared asking me to do something with him randomly. I miss the fridge being full of food most of the time...(it is rarely full here)...I miss the pantry (what is a pantry?!). I miss shopping. I miss just going and looking and trying on but not always buying. I miss just walking in the mall...just because. I miss dressing up and "looking cute" and going downtown with friends. I miss a lot. I miss people. I miss Grammy and Grandaddy being so close to home and riding mom's bike to their house. I miss family gatherings at their house. I miss Grammy's cooking too! Soon...I won't have to miss. I'm kind of worried that even though I'll be home, I'll still be missing all of these things in my heart. How does home do this to us? Love and miss everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, I am so excited...I finaly made the blog. haha We miss you too and are sooo looking forward to you being home. Excited about doing the "simple" things with you and just spending time together. By the way, the beach may not be a problem as the oil has not made its way here yet. Jus a little over 2 weeks and you will be here. Yay!!!!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so precious! My mom encouraged me to read this post and she's right it was a tear-jerker. :) I hope I can see you and "get cute and go downtown" or just lounge in one of our family rooms and chat OR both!!! Love you, Jessy Messy!

    ReplyDelete