Monday, April 30, 2012

Lesson One


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kemmlVEYciM

The sweetly elegiac "Boys (Lesson One)," is a techno-acoustic lullaby of lessons passed from father to son over an insistent electronic drum pattern that suggests these lessons can't be taught quickly enough -- time marches on and childhood ends too soon.

"Adults aren't calling children up into adulthood in a way where they can ask hard questions about what real life looks like," Steve Mason says. "Questions about the things that come along and break hearts and move them into adulthood. Boys' captures the desire of a father to talk to his son in a way that doesn't lie about how hard living is. And it does it with love and a radical trust in the belief that God isn't afraid of our questions."

LOVE Pandora! This came on today and it's been on repeat. Kinda vague lyrics-up for interpretation. I have a few of my own. And....I don't think it is just for boys. Perhaps my emotions are on overload right now, but it brought tears to my eyes imagining my dad saying this to me (and he has more or less said all of these things to me). Dads have such an important, necessary, sweet role in their children's lives! Love you, Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment