Friday, November 20, 2009

Sharon..."like Rose of Sharon..?"

Many of you have heard the story that I told when I returned from China after my trip last summer. But for those of you that have not, I'll tell it again. I was leaving China and kind of discouraged because although I had taught English for a month, I was not directly able to share with anyone. I really wanted to, and I asked the Spirit to lead me during my last few hours in China. I met a girl on the plane. Her name was Sharon, "like rose of Sharon." I asked her if she was a believer, because she introduced herself in such a way. She informed me that she was not, but that she had a Jewish professor/ friend that gave her that name. We talked the whole 3 hour plane ride. I introduced her to the Word. I gave her my copy. I showed her how to use it. I pointed out where her name was. We talked about relationships between men and women and I pointed out Ephesians 5. We discussed the comparison there in that passage between Men and the Son, and Men and Women. We exchanged e-mails and parted ways. I felt good about our conversation, and was reminded that I need to be asking for Him to do bigger things. I need to want to be a part of bigger things that He can do through me if I put myself aside and listen to His leading.

I haven't heard from her since last August. This week, I got an e-mail from her. After being a little discouraged at work, it brought a huge smile to my face. I am on QQ now (which is like AIM in China) and we will have many more conversations. I'm amazed at how all we have to do is listen and obey...and He'll do the rest. All I wanted to do on the plane ride was sleep. Instead, I opened my mouth and said, "hello." I thought that after our last e-mail that I may never hear from her again, but lo and behold, I did! I wonder why she contacted me again. ...I guess I'll find out. ...more to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment