Sunday, November 22, 2009

Tossing and Turning

I’ve had many interesting conversations lately. Some of which I feel like I’ve failed miserably at. I have no good words. That is just part of being human. As much as I try to sympathize with people, I feel like I’m only hurting them. Most likely I am.

How do you tell someone who is not a believer that just because they’re miserable living in America does not mean that when they return to China that everything will be amazing and just as it was? China has changed, friends are married, family members are now deceased and the city you loved has changed. How do you explain that it is all about being known and being loved by your Creator and intimately knowing Him as well?

How do you explain to another friend that simply cannot accept what you know to be true because He views it as Western thought and sees such hypocrisy among Americans? How do you differentiate between truth and mythology?

Why do some people hear and believe and others cannot? I know it explains it in the Book, but it just baffles me!

Father, I love people. I love these two…and the many others lately that I’ve talked to that I have no words for. How do I love? How do I show them you? I feel like a fool not knowing. But honestly, how many of us DON’T know? How many of us have given up? All those who have, say “I.” “I!”

He alone has answers. He alone knows true love. He alone knows life abundantly that we’re all searching for. How do we convey that to those who do not believe?

As a teacher, I have learned (and am still learning) how to ask questions that will make students think critically. I think for many people they don’t want to be told. They want to make the decision on their own. So maybe asking those really pointed and key questions is a good way. Let them wrestle with it and give them tools to do so. (?!)

Any ideas?…

No comments:

Post a Comment