Thursday, November 19, 2009

...thoughts about work...

Am I doing all I can? Why doesn't it seem to be working? Am I really helping? These are questions I'm sure most people make during their lifetime. I was faced with them today. Sure, I'm constantly trying to do something different that might be more effective. However, when I think of my students and I begin to cry...hm. I feel like I'm failing them. There isn't enough time. I don't have them for long enough. They're forgotten about by the classroom teacher. The students say things like, "he doesn't understand." The child just sits there...gazing into my eyes, then looking away shamefully. He licks his lips and looks down again.

What do I do? Cry and Pray. Pray and try something else. Talk with the other children. Pray that this child will know that he is so smart. He is worth it. He is...

Oh Father, use me. Shape me and mold me. Love the kids through me. Teach them what they need to know. Most importantly, may they see You.

1 comment:

  1. Ah Jess, I am sure you are not failing them. You are doing a great job, I'm sure. We all have days that we question what we are doing. Tomorrow is another day and I hope something wonderful happens. The light bulbs will go off and the children will get it. Don't worry!! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete